inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
Empire Chess - Volume 89
The Catalan Opening (1.d4 d5 2.c4 e6 3.g3 Nf6 4.Bg2) has experienced a resurgence in popularity with both Kramnik and Carlsen taking up the opening and achieving excellent positions and results.
With play on both sides being influenced more by strategic considerations than concrete variations, an understanding of the key themes will reward you with points over the board and an advancement of your chess knowledge.
IM Axel Delorme, a Catalan devotee, reveals the mysteries behind the opening with detailed analysis of games from the highest level including those of seven classical World Champions.
Even if you’re completely new to the Catalan Opening, this 3 hour course from French IM Axel Delorme will enable you to play the opening with great confidence and give you many ways of playing for the win.
RELOADED Edition! – Highlights
- Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
- Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
- In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
- 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
- PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
- Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
- The Closed Catalan, …c6 and …b6
- 8.a4!? against 4…Be7 and 6…dxc4
- How to play when Black keeps the pawn (…a6, …c6 and …b5)
- Carlsen plays the Catalan Opening (4…Bb4 , 5.Nc3!)
- Kramnik – Toplaov, 2014 and Conclusions
Running Time: 3 hours